Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 6 - Getting Real


So all week I have been writing about things to consider when trying to lose weight.  And I started thinking today "why should my readers believe anything that I say about losing weight when I am as obese as I am and can't seem to lose weight myself?"  Well, in reality, there is absolutely no good reason why you should take weight loss advice from me.  I mean after all, as far as my weight is concerned, I am the LAST person you should take any dieting and weight loss advice from.  

BUT, here's the deal - I decided that 2014 was going to be a different year for me - spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally.  That means that I have to admit that there are things that I need to change about myself.  Mark Twain said "Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time."  This tells me that I can't expect for my bad habits to change over night - I have to work on them.  I have to replace the bad with the good; one baby step at a time.  

I decided this year that I am going to work toward my goals, dreams and aspirations.  No matter what it took - I was going to strive for the good and leave the bad behind me.  To me, this doesn't just apply to my inability to remain disciplined enough to lose the weight I need to lose, but it applies to just about everything in my life.  Looking back I can't remember a time in my life that I was just over-the-moon happy all the time. Of course I have had days are better than others - but for the most part I have suffered from depression, anxiety and low self-esteem my entire life.  I suppose that is why I use food to stuff all of that away - to try to make me happy, but in the end, food is supposed to just be there to give me energy and nutrition and to help me survive. 

I have always wanted to be a journalist.  I suppose that's why one of my goals this year was to develop this blog.  I don't know where it's headed.  I don't know the end result, but my hope is that anyone who reads it shares it with at least one friend.  Then that friend shares it with another and another and so on.  I don't want to be a "downer" or a "Negative Nelly" - so I apologize in advance if sometimes my posts come across that way.  This blog is my outlet. And I hope that by using it to put my thoughts down, it will in some way inspire and help others too.  

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can" - Unknown

So tonight I am going to share with you my goals.  These are the things that I want to accomplish inf my life.  Down the road we will talk about what I can do to get to where I am going. 

  1. Quit Smoking FOR GOOD. 
  2. Lose 140 lbs - my goal weight is 145 lbs. 
  3. De-clutter my life by getting rid of unneeded and unwanted "stuff"
  4. Organize!!!  - Get my life and home in order.
  5. Learn to love exercise. 
  6. Begin to read books again
  7. Write a book
  8. Publish that book
  9. Better myself within my career
  10. Be a better wife, mother, sister, daughter, cousin, niece and friend. 
  11. Help others. 
  12. Learn as much as I can. 
What are your goals?  Write them down.  Sometimes putting them down on paper (or in a blog) can help you see what you want out of life - and it may just help your work harder at achieving them!  I plan to be accountable. I need to be accountable to me, my husband & daughter, my friends - and anyone who reads "The World through Cece's Eyes".  

I welcome your comments, feedback, criticisms and pats on the back. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...