Monday, May 26, 2014

The family of Pierre & Isabelle Gibault of France

As I have been researching a branch of my family tree, I have uncovered some really great information.  I decided that it is time for me to start to share some of the great family history that I have learned along my journey.  Starting with the Gebeau branch of my tree.  The "Gebeau" originates from France and has a very strong history.  On my tree, it comes from my mother's side, whose father was a "Gebeau".

This branch begins with Pierre Gibault and Isabelle Huau De Montaguerre.  Pierre I was born about 1585 in France.  He married Isabelle, who was born about 1585 as well, in France and they bore a son, Pierre Gibault II.  I have not been able to confirm other children of this couple, but given the large families in the 1500's, I would imagine that there were other children born to Pierre I and Isabelle.

Pierre Gibault II was born on February 15, 1613 - which to me is of great importance because February 15th is also the day my own daughter was born.  He was born i Notre Dame, Lusignan, Poiters, France.  Pierre II married on December 31, 1642 in Lusignang, Lot-et-Garonne, Aquitaine, France.  He married Renee Lorliere.  Renee was born about 1616 in Chavy, Indre, Centre, France and died in about 1714.  They too bore a son, Gabriel Gibault de Poitevin (of Poitevin).  Again - given the times, it is likely that Pierre II and Renee has more children.

NOTE:  The French pronunciation of "Gibault" is Gee-bow. - Listen here: https://translate.google.com/m/translate#fr/en/Gibault



1 comment:

  1. My name is Debbie Gebo and I am a relative of yours according to history. My family is from William Oliver Gebo and his fourth wife Salma. I have managed to trace our history back to Pierre and Renee. I am trying to figure out were they lived and what part of France they are from. The last name spelling has changed a bit over the years

    ReplyDelete

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...