Saturday, March 8, 2014

Deliver Plus One - Wrapping up "Raving Fans"


I have finished reading "Raving Fans" and I have to say that it makes a lot of sense once everything comes together. I really did learn a lot about how I can create a customer service experience that makes people WANT to do business with me. 

So the book talks about creating a vision of what you think customer service should be based off of your product or service. Second you have to listen to your customers needs and wants. Figure out what it is THEY expect or desire from your company. Lastly, you have to deliver plus one. That is, deliver everything you promise, with consistency, plus add one percent more then is expected. 

One of my friends has a saying - "Keep doing what you're doing, plus a little more."  Though I don't think he has customer service in mind when he says this, I think it is a perfect analogy here.

So the book itself is a story about an area manager and his "fairy godmother", Charlie. Charlie slowly shows the area manager what it takes and what it means to create "raving fans". In the end, the area manager becomes a "customer service Charlie" - a person who is dedicated to creating an unforgettable Customer experience. 

No matter what your business. No matter what your product... Are you willing to become a customer service Charlie? I am going to start on my vision for sure! 

The next book is "Does the Noise in my Head Bother You?" By Steven Tyler - A Rock 'n Roll Memoir

Will you join me in reading and discussing it? Join my book club on Facebook - CeCe's Book Club



No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...