Monday, February 24, 2014

CeCe's Book Club ~ "My Life" by Bill Clinton


I thought I would check in with the status of my current book selection.  How many of you are reading Former President Clinton's autobiography?  How many of you have read it in the past?  Ist there anything in the book that stands out to you?  Is there anything that you were surprised about?

I will tell you that as I continue to read the book (I am now on Chapter 48), I am learning, through the eyes of our former president, just how "sneaky" our politicians can be.  I am amazed at the lengths that Kenneth Starr, special prosecutor for the White Water scandal, went to get President Clinton impeached.  I am also amazed at the brutal honesty he has had about the Monica Lewinski affair.

I love autobiographies and biographies - but so far this is has probably been the best one I have ever read.  I do have to admit though that I am anxious to finish it.  It is a very long book and as I said before, it can become very dry and boring.  But if you can push yourself past the boredom, there is a lot of great stuff in there....and a lot of history.

I want to hear from you guys.  I want to make this blog one that people enjoy coming to.  I need to know what kinds of things you want me to share.  What topics do you want me to explore and write about?  I do this for you - the readers, just as much as I do this for me.

Please leave your comments on the posts.  I welcome them.  Please leave suggestions how I can make this blog better.  And as a side note, I have started posting family recipes again on "Homemade Hunky" - you can find the link along the margin of this page.  Make sure if you like recipes and enjoy trying new foods to follow that blog as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...