Sunday, April 20, 2014

Wrap up - "Does The Noise in My Head Bother You?"



Does the noise in my head bother you? That is the question posed by Steven Tyler in his memoir released in 2011. I just finished reading it and Imhave to say that I am glad that I read it.

I won't lie. It was hard at first to get into it. The beginning of the book seemed scattered and a bit ADHD, but I didn't give up and I am glad that I didn't. I learned so much about one of my favorite singer-songwriters in music history. I felt his struggles with alcoholism & drug addiction. I was left with a sense of hope after his rehab at Betty Ford and his road to recovery. 

This book is not for everyone.  I certainly realize that. But if you are a music fan, you will probably love it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...