Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I have a dream....

One of the biggest obstacles that I have with trying to keep up with writing on my blog is coming up with things to talk about.  I want this blog to be engaging for my readers and I envision it to provide information and viewpoints about all kinds of different topics.  There are thousands of blogs out there that focus on specific topics.  So how do I make my blog different?  How do I keep it interesting so that my readers will keep coming back for more?  The truth is, I really don't know know - but I am going to keep trying. 

The beauty about having my own blog is that I really can talk about anything that I want to talk about.  Today, I am going to share with you one of my biggest dreams that I have had since I was a little girl.  I supposed I am kind of fulfilling that dream by keeping this blog and being committed to posting on a regular basis.  Since as far back as I can remember I have always had a love for reading, learning and writing.  I always enjoyed writing short poems and short stories - as long as they were about topics that I was interested in.  I loved writing so much that when I first started college at Kent State University, I declared my major as Journalism and Mass Communications.  One of my biggest regrets in life was not following through with that career choice.  Instead, when to going got tough, I gave up.  I changed my major to Sport Sociology and ended up with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and Athletic Coaching.  

As I get closer to reaching 40 years old - I look back at my life and think about how many things could have been different in my life.  But during my college years, partying and having fun was more of a focus than my career and the rest of my life.  In fact, back then I really didn't think that I would live long enough to reach 40 years old.  I also didn't think that I would be married or be a mother.  Oh how I wish that my life outlook would have been different back then.  Who knows - I could have been a best selling author by now - or being a famous sports writer.  However, I choose to believe that the Goddess already had my life planned out before I even knew she did - or what exactly was in store. 

I hope that I never give up on my dream.  I hope that one day I will magically be able to fulfill that dream I had of writing a book - and having it published for the world to read.  And so I keep trying.  I keep searching for that "perfect topic" that will put me on top.  

As always, I welcome suggestions and ideas from all of my readers.  Let me know what you would like to learn about; what you would like to read about.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...