Friday, March 7, 2014

CeCe's Book Club ~ Raving Fans Discussion 2


Continuing on with "Raving Fans" I have to say that I am kind of surprise that I am actually enjoying what I am reading. We already learned that the first "secret" or step in creating great customer service is deciding what you want. But what do you do after you decide what you want? 

The second step of creating "raving fans" who just can't get enough of your business is to create a vision of perfection that is centered around the customer. And how exactly do you do that? Well, first you have to visualize what you think perfection is. For example, when you are out shopping what would really create the perfect experience for you as a customer. For me, I would love to walk into Walmart and be greeted by my one personal shopper who will take my list and find everything on it so that I can get in and get out. I hate shopping so anything that a store could do to make the process easier for me would make me WANT to go back. Think about how there used to be full-service gas stations. Attendants would fill your tank, check your oil & transmission fluids, clean your windows and take you payment all without you havinget to get out of your vehicle. Boy I wish we still had full-service stations! 

The book goes on to explain that once you have determined what you want and have create a vision about how that "looks", you have to DISCOVER WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS. That's right...put yourself in the customers shoes and figure out what it is that the customer wants. However, you must also remember that you cannot be everything to everyone...so don't try. If you take that approach you won't be able to create raving fans. And in order to find out what the customers wants - you have to ask them! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...