Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 2, 2013

"I believe that true identity is found...in creative activity springing from within. It is found, paradoxically, when one loses oneself. Woman can best refind herself by losing herself on some kind of creative activity of her own." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Creative activities allow us to emerge ourselves in something that allows us to be in the here and now. We are able, if only for a moment, to not think about who we are.

Spirituality and creativity go hand in hand. We are able to find ourselves and our higher power through the loss of our self-conscious selves while creating.

For me creativity is scrap booking, photography, reading, crocheting, candle making, baking and candy making. I am also able to lose myself when fully engulfed in a genealogical quest.... Family history is so intriguing.

Creativity is a given. It is another dimension of the spiritual presence guiding us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...