Monday, August 12, 2013

Sunday, August 11, 2013

As another week begins, it's time for me to sit back and think about the last week.  Aside from my normal job, I have been trying to think of other ways to make money and to help my family get to where we want to be in our lives.  We are finally settling into live here in Tennessee and though we miss our family and friends back in Ohio, things are starting to feel a little bit like home here.  I don't know what next year is going to bring, or the next 5 years, but I do know that I love my family and I am blessed to be where I am today. 

There are so many people in this world that have some many trials and tribulations.  Some days it's hard for me to remember just how far I have come.  But there are other days that I realize that I am not as far as I would like to be.  The best gift that I have been given is the ability to just live my life one day at a time. 

I do still have dreams and aspirations and one day I will get to realize some of those dreams.  Right now, I am focused on my husband and my daughter and the relationships I have with them.  They are my life.  I have realized that more and more everyday. I pray everyday for Jeff & Karey's happiness and well-being over mine.  And everyday that I get up and go to work and do all the things that I do, it's to try to help my family. When did I turn into this person?  10-15 years ago I would have never pictured myself to be a wife & mother, to live 500 miles away from my friends and family to have all the things that I have today.  

I am not rich financially and in fact, I am nowhere closed to where I want to be financially, but in truth what does it really matter?  I just have to trust the Goddess that she will continue to bless us with positive things in our lives.  I will get to where I want to be and Jeff will get to be where he wants to be and we will get to do it together.  That is the best gift of all. 

So as we start a new week, I have to get busy - I have to get busy working towards my short-term and long-term goals.  And get busy getting all the projects I want to get done, done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Clean…

 I didn’t want to put all of this out in public but after an episode that occurred Friday night in a very public way, my heart is telling me...